Operating for over eight years freelance in the policy and strategy space between universities,the public and private sectors and other bodies, I deliver bid development services, evaluations and build new bridges between and within organisations. I also work as an Associate Coach and Deputy Chair with the Academy for Chief Executives providing coaching to senior executives and leaders.
I effectively engage stakeholders at all levels to develop conversations, proposals and support bids for funding.
Recent 2017/2018 contracts include:
- Work on two Science and Innovation Audit proposals Stage 1 and Stage 2
- Independent evaluation of an ERDF university innovation programme
- Development and drafting of Connecting Capability Fund proposal
- A successful bid to BIS for a joint LEP area Science and Innovation Audit
- An analysis of university assets for regional economic strategy review
- A Hi tech Research Centre Market Review
- Employer engagement strategy development with a Further Education College
- Networking and liaison on the role of universities in the strategic economic plans of 3 LEPs.
Other recent work has included:
- A Horizon 2020 proposal,
- Two separate business case reviews for two of the largest universities in the country,
- Advice on enterprise and university engagement in relation to economic development and new European Funding programmes.
This builds on close connections with LEPs and Economic Development Agencies across the North West - including Greater Manchester's economic development agency New Economy.